Saturday Night At The Movies
This is a life-shaking sermon not to be overlooked. It will be one of the most important you have ever listened to.
Pastor Bohr shares his own experience and in a caring, kind and yet deeply convicting manner gives seven solid reasons from Scripture why watching movies, TV and video games destroys people spiritually more than any other influence in our land.
- How are movies like alcohol?
- Is an unseen hypnotic power lulling us to sleep during the "boring" sermon hour, yet riveting our attention for two hours on the edge of our seats when we watch movies?
- Are we expanding our minds through time spent in spiritual matters or dwarfing them on a carnal diet of junk food?
- Are we really Christ-centered Seventh-day Adventists, as our profession says, with our hearts, interests and desires located in heaven and in the truth for this time?
- It is required in stewards that they be found faithful (1Cor.4:2). Are we using our time, money, and influence to promote the kingdom of God or the kingdom of darkness?
- Have we stopped to consider that if by beholding God we become changed into His likeness, the opposite also is true?
- Are movies leading us to be unprepared for the days soon to break upon us and destroying the "army of youth" that God longs to train to finish His work?
- Do we ever "cause the Holy One to cease from before us" by wanting our pastors to "speak unto us smooth things" (Isa.30:10-11) and to avoid or diminish the importance of subjects like this?
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review