Sabbath Reform - CD Single
Satan leads God's people into dead formalism and ritual, yet with outwardly apparent delight and lip service they seek God's will and blessings as if they were a righteous people. "These people honor Me with their lips but their hearts are far from Me" (Mark 7:6). As in Isaiah's day and as in Christ's day, we are in danger of making the Sabbath experience a merely outward observance, trying to "earn brownie points" rather than calling the Sabbath delightful and a day to do good and bless others. God hates formalistic ritual worship and He desires mercy over mere sacrifices, offerings, fasts and observances.
- What is the kind of fast that Jesus is most interested in?
- What aspects are mentioned in Matthew 25 that the righteous are rewarded for in the judgment?
- Is observing the Sabbath or not eating unclean foods or having the correct doctrinal belief system even mentioned there?
- How does the Laodicean message connect with Isaiah 58?
- What are our motives for observing our faith?
- Are we, like the Jews in Christ's day, a fig tree with no fruit, a rich young ruler with no love for others and an older prodigal son who was more interested in his reward than in seeing a soul saved?
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review